Subject: Re: bug#20036: 24.4.90; Emacs hangs/freezes

From: Justin Kirby <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 15:22:37 -0400

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

> This looks the same as
>
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/6842
>
> which is ibus-related, apparently.

Interesting. This is on a laptop that is suspended to ram a couple times
a week. The hang does not happen immediately after resuming. I will see
if suspend/resume can be correlated.

I do not see anything in ubuntu's 24.3 configure flags that would
prevent this from happening. I will rebuild the official tarball with
ubuntu's flags and see if that changes anything.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.7)
 of 2014-03-07 on lamiak, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11501000
System Description:	Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS

Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu' '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' '--with-x=yes'
 '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars'
 'build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro'
 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''