Subject: bug#20028: 24.4; eww: default to the URI at point

From: Ivan Shmakov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 05:55:15 +0000

>>>>> Alexis  <[email-masked]> writes:

 > If point is on a URL such as:

 >    http://www.gnu.org/

 > and the user then does M-x eww RET, it would be nice if that URL
 > could be used as the default value for the "Enter URL ..." prompt,
 > e.g.

 >    Enter URL or keywords (default: http://www.gnu.org/):

 > (Or, if a customizable variable was available to enable such
 > behaviour.)

	This seem to be a duplicate of #19106 [1], which is already
	fixed for Emacs 25.  Could you please check if M-x eww indeed
	behaves as requested with a recent Emacs ‘master’?  Or, I
	presume you could try adapting the patch there to Emacs 24.

	TIA.

[1] http://debbugs.gnu.org/19106

-- 
FSF associate member #7257  http://boycottsystemd.org/  … 3013 B6A0 230E 334A