Subject: Re: bug#20024: grub store is not copied to target system

From: Tomáš Čech <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 22:57:19 +0100

On Sun, Mar 08, 2015 at 10:49:37PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>[email-masked] skribis:
>
>> With guix at revision df81e046c57e5f767738113e4e7a28b212c03d63 I tried
>> to deploy Guix to another partition.
>
>Do you mean that you wanted to use a different root partition than the
>one that was being used?

Yes. I am running from my Gentoo `guix system init -c 3 /guix' where /guix is
different partition planned to be booted as root filesystem for GuixSD.

>> Result system installed Grub into partition but did not copied it's
>> store to /gnu/store/ on target partition.
>
>Indeed, ‘guix system reconfigure’ assumes that the root partition
>remains the same and does not try to copy the store.

I'm runnning `guix system init' though.

S_W