Subject: bug#20019: Documentation bugs

From: Sebastian Tennant <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 18:48:12 +0000

>From the Info manual:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
5.5 Archived Messages
=====================

Gnus provides a few different methods for storing the mail and news you
send.  The default method is to use the "archive virtual server" to
store the messages.  If you want to disable this completely, the
`gnus-message-archive-group' variable should be `nil', which is the
default.
[...]
`nil'
     No message archiving will take place.  This is the default.
[...]
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

(describe-variable 'gnus-message-archive-group) =>

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
gnus-message-archive-group is a variable defined in `gnus.el'.
Its value is ((format-time-string "sent.%Y-%m"))
[...]
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

DOC BUG #1: `nil' is not the default setting of gnus-message-archive-group
            anymore. `((format-time-string "sent.%Y-%m"))' seems to be the
            new default.

DOC BUG #2: The types of values of gnus-message-archive-group are listed
            as: a string, a list of strings, an alist of
            regexps/functions/forms, and nil.  The new default value is
            a list of functions that evaluate to strings so presumably
            this type should also be added to the list.

Hope this helps.
--
Gnus v5.13
GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)
 of 2014-12-09 on gaia, modified by Debian