Subject: bug#20017: guile 2.0.11 make check failure for ppc architecture

From: Andy Wingo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 13:45:13 +0200

Hi :)

On Fri 06 Mar 2015 14:57, Normand <[email-masked]> writes:

> guile 2.0.11 make check failure for ppc architecture on opensuse 13.2
>
> details of the log is available at:
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE:Factory:PowerPC/guile
> https://build.opensuse.org/build/openSUSE:Factory:PowerPC/standard/ppc/guile/_log
>
> There are two failing tests:
> ===
> [ 1223s] FAIL: fractions.test: fractions: (eqv? (expt 2 1/2) (sqrt 2))
> [ 1223s] FAIL: fractions.test: fractions: (eqv? (expt 2.0 1/2) (sqrt 2))
> ===
>
> I have a guest on which I am able to recreate the problem,
> but I do not know anything about guile to do investigation of the problem.
>
> any suggestions ?

Sorry for the 15 month delay!  Our bad.  On the other hand we're finally
about to cut a 2.0.12 so it would be nice to fix this.  Can you still
find this condition?  If so can you run Guile and type these expressions
at the console:

(expt 2 1/2)
(expt 2.0 1/2)
(sqrt 2)

and attach the log of what you type and what Guile says in response?

Thanks!

Andy