Subject: Re: bug#19994: 25.0.50; Unicode keyboard input on Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2015 10:40:05 +0300

> Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 12:23:00 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> Thanks.  I committed this in your name, with a few minor stylistic
> changes, and also fixed a few typos in the comments.  Sorry for a long
> delay in doing that.
> 
> I also added a new variable, w32-use-fallback-wm-chars-method, which,
> when non-nil, makes Emacs use the old code from before your changes.
> This is meant to be a handy debugging aid, in case we discover some
> issues with the new code.
> 
> Do you think there are any user-visible effects of your changes that
> are worthy of mentioning in NEWS?  If so, please propose the text for
> NEWS.
> 
> I leave it up to you to decide whether this bug should be closed, or
> if there's something else to be done about it.

Here's one problem evidently caused by the new code: invoke "emacs -Q"
and type "M-x" after it starts => you will see "x" being inserted into
*scratch*.  This doesn't happen if w32-use-fallback-wm-chars-method is
non-nil.

This is a one-time problem: all the subsequent "M-x" are handled
correctly.  It sounds like some initialization somewhere is missing?

Could you please look into that ASAP?  TIA.