Subject: Re: bug#19990: 24.4; Bad resizing interaction when WM ignores size hints

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2020 09:00:18 +0100

Yuri D'Elia <[email-masked]> writes:

> It still happens also on master:
>
> "GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 40, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.16.0, Xaw scroll bars) of 2020-03-01"
>
> But it now happens only the first frame created right after starting
> emacs (both regular or as a daemon).
>
> After the first resize event and/or any new frame do not suffer from
> this, so especially when used in daemon mode it's less noticeable.

Thanks for verifying that you're still seeing this.  Which window
manager (and version) are you using?

The previous discussion seems to indicate that this may be a problem
with Gtk only, and not Lucid.  But it's not clear to me from the
discussion if this happens because of a bug in Gtk or a bug in Emacs.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas