Subject: bug#19990: 24.4; Bad resizing interaction when WM ignores size hints

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 18:47:53 +0100

> I'm using a tiling window manager with the GTK+ port of emacs 24. I
 > force the emacs frame to take the height of the entire screen.

How do you do that?

 > After resizing, the minibuffer position is not aligned to the bottom of
 > the frame, but it's logically aligned to the last full line, leaving an
 > un-painted margin at the lower border of the frame (test_before.png).
 >
 > However, when receiving a FocusIn event (just by cycling focus), emacs
 > properly aligns the minibuffer to the bottom, and displays a
 > partially-visible line just above the minibuffer (test_after.png).
 >
 > I realize this is a very minor issue and ignoring size hints is bad(tm),
 > but since emacs properly aligns the minibuffer with
 > toggle-frame-fullscreen in order to fit the screen it shouldn't be hard
 > to fix.

What happens when you set `frame-resize-pixelwise' to t?

martin