Subject: Re: bug#19988: 25.0.50; Drag events ending in different frame

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 22:15:30 +0200

> From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 21:07:41 +0100
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> >> Now I get a different behavior as described yesterday [1]: when my drag
> >> is released outside of the frame where it startet, no region is selected
> >> and the mark is set at the start position of the selected text.
> >
> > That's not what I see.  For me, the region extension ends when the
> > mouse goes out of the frame, and the region stays as it was at the
> > last extension.
> >
> > Through which side of the frame do you exit the frame while dragging?
> 
> It doesn't matter, the behavior is as described above.  As said in my
> other mail, I don't use scroll-bars.  But even with emacs -Q with
> scroll-bars on the right compiled from commit cbc9d8d I have the same
> behavior as above.

So you are saying that you see the region extend to the edge of the
text as long as you drag the mouse inside the frame, then shrink back
when the mouse is dragged outside of the frame?