Subject: bug#19988: 25.0.50; Drag events ending in different frame

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 22:09:42 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> > FWIW, the current behavior is probably useful in the case where the
>> > drag is used in order to select a region.  IOW, we should probably
>> > include *both* informations.
>> 
>> I don't get your statement.  When selecting a region, you're
>> restricted to one window anyway, no?
>
> Stefan thinks about dragging the mouse outside of the frame, to
> another frame: you'd still want to select only text in the window you
> started.
>
>> And that situation is already covered as one would expect.
>
> What do you mean by "as one would expect"?  On my machine, the
> behavior is unreasonable: the wrong part of text is selected.

When I select a region by dragging Mouse-1 starting at the "selected."
above, as soon as the mouse cursor leaves the emacs frame, the region
won't grow or shrink anymore until I enter the frame and window again.
And when I release the drag outside of the frame and window where I
started, the final region is the last one before leaving the
frame/window.  That's pretty much what I'd expect except that releasing
the drag outside of the start frame/window inactivates the region.

Bye,
Tassilo