Subject: bug#19988: 25.0.50; Drag events ending in different frame

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 19:22:54 +0200

> From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 08:03:07 +0100
> 
> > FWIW, the current behavior is probably useful in the case where the drag
> > is used in order to select a region.  IOW, we should probably include
> > *both* informations.
> 
> I don't get your statement.  When selecting a region, you're restricted
> to one window anyway, no?

Stefan thinks about dragging the mouse outside of the frame, to
another frame: you'd still want to select only text in the window you
started.

> And that situation is already covered as one would expect.

What do you mean by "as one would expect"?  On my machine, the
behavior is unreasonable: the wrong part of text is selected.

So, Stefan, it looks like this doesn't work with the current code,
either.