Subject: Re: bug#19983: 24.4; exit-emacs regression in 24.4?

From: Sam Halliday <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 00:47:12 +0000

Thanks Glenn,

>> ... weird bisecting results ...
>
> 24.3 came from a different emacs-24 branch, onto which the current
> emacs-24 branch was destructively pushed (yay). I think this means that
> your start point should be the revision at which the 24.3 and 24.4
> branches diverged, which I think is
> 052f924a01f8a65ca0bfc9e6584302613e019489 on the current "emacs-24"
> branch, which should test as good.

Unfortunately, it looks like 052f924a01f8a65ca0bfc9e6584302613e019489 is
bad. This commit seems to be older than 24.3 (emacs has a dev versioning
convention that I don't understand). Is there another root that I could
go back to? The point at which 24.3 and 24.4 have in common?

I'll try it a couple of more times. It could be a random failure.

Once I track down the offending commit, I'll see if I can guess what the
problem is and make a minimal test. I suspect it has something to do
with process handling. At the moment, building the emacs docs every
commit is the bottleneck, not my test. Is there any way to build/install
without the docs (or compiling the .elc files).

-- 
Best regards,
Sam