Subject: bug#19981: 24.4; Flaws in Eshell

From: Chen Xiaodong <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 00:06:21 +0800

Compared with the command "dir" in shells of Window 2000/XP/7, as a 
novice to Eshell, I think there are big inconveniences in it.
(1)I can't get only directories listed with "ls -d" ("dir /ad" in 
Windows), likewise, can't get only files listed("dir /a-d" in Windows).
(2)I can't find out how many files there are and how much diskspace 
available with "ls" nor "du". These two items usually comes with "dir" 
in Windows.

Should there be some improvements?

In GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
  of 2014-10-25 on LEG570
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
  `configure --prefix=/c/usr'

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: CHS
   locale-coding-system: cp936

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> q M-x e s h <tab> <return> / c <return>
l s <return> C-x * * 3 0 0 0 0 <return> 6 2 8 . 6 <return>
/ q l s <return> C-x C-f p <tab> <return> C-x h M-w
M-x r e p o r t SPC e m a <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Loading em-dirs...done
Loading em-glob...done
Loading em-hist...done
Loading em-ls...done
Loading em-prompt...done
Loading em-script...done
Loading em-term...done
Loading em-unix...done
Welcome to the GNU Emacs Calculator!  Press `?' or `h' for help, `q' to quit
Working...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils calc-alg calc-ext calc-menu calc calc-loaddefs
calc-macs em-unix em-term term easymenu ehelp em-script em-prompt em-ls
em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic em-banner em-alias
pcomplete comint ansi-color ring esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext
esh-proc esh-arg eldoc help-fns esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode
esh-util edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date china-util tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32
ls-lisp w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
w32notify w32 multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 121603 7256)
  (symbols 32 22861 0)
  (miscs 32 73 151)
  (strings 16 23216 4819)
  (string-bytes 1 622486)
  (vectors 8 15012)
  (vector-slots 4 515433 2726)
  (floats 8 69 284)
  (intervals 28 376 10)
  (buffers 508 16))
*** E-Mail body has been placed on clipboard, please paste it here! ***