Subject: bug#19977: 24.4; Incorrect translation of Super modifier with Ctrl or Meta on OS X

From: Philipp Stephani <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 17:35:30 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> schrieb am Mi., 30. März 2016 um 04:39 Uhr:

> > From: Philipp Stephani <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 20:07:55 +0000
> > Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> >
> > It seems that this behavior cannot be implemented without resorting to
> UCKeyTranslate. Therefore I'd
> > suggest to fall back to the next best option and ignore all shift-like
> modifiers if control-like modifiers are
> > present, similar to what we're doing with C-S on Unix terminals.
>
> I'm not sure what this means, but if it means something that worked
> before won't, please provide an option to get the old behavior back,
> just in case.
>
>
I've attached a patch that should keep the aforementioned input methods
working (by setting ns-command-modifier to none) and allow Command and
Option to be treated as either shift-like or control-like modifiers.
In my tests input now works as expected with the Dvorak - Querty and
similar input methods if ns-command-modifier is none. Also various key
combinations with Super work now if it's set to super.
One thing that might be unexpected is that e.g. Command-Control-A will be
interpreted as Control-A if ns-command-modifier is none, even if Command-A
would insert something other than A. It seems this is (undesirable)
behavior is actually already present at head.