Subject: 24.4; Incorrect translation of Super modifier with Ctrl or Meta on OS X

From: Philipp Stephani <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 17:36:29 +0100

After pressing M-s-a, I get the message:
M-s-å is undefined
Expected: M-s-a (being defined or undefined)

Tested running Emacs as a Carbon app on OS X:
open -W -n -a /Applications/Emacs.app --args -Q

After pressing C-s-a, I get the message:
<C-s-268632065> is undefined
Expected: C-s-a (being defined or undefined)

Seems to happen for all keys, not just a.  For C-s-<letter>, the
character produced is 0x1002ffa0 + <letter> instead of <letter>; for
M-s-<letter> the character produced is whatever OS X maps to
Option+<letter>.  This happens only if Super is pressed as well.  More
discussion at
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2015-02/msg00503.html.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin14.1.0, NS apple-appkit-1344.72)
 of 2015-02-23 on p
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1344
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.4
 --enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.4/share/info/emacs
 --with-file-notification=gfile --with-dbus --with-gnutls --with-rsvg
 --with-imagemagick --without-popmail --with-ns
 --disable-ns-self-contained'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-h k M-s-å C-h k <C-s-268632065> M-x r e p o r t - 
e m a <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
M-s-å is undefined
<C-s-268632065> is undefined

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date tooltip electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify cocoa ns multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 72131 5145)
 (symbols 48 17549 0)
 (miscs 40 36 136)
 (strings 32 9875 3982)
 (string-bytes 1 263546)
 (vectors 16 9027)
 (vector-slots 8 377107 15432)
 (floats 8 55 300)
 (intervals 56 189 0)
 (buffers 960 11))