Subject: Re: bug#19973: Grafts break debug outputs

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 18:08:38 +0200

Hello,

[email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) skribis:

> The patches below address this by adding code to update the CRC in the
> ‘.gnu_debuglink’ section upon grafting.  It uses a simple hook
> mechanism, a simplified version of what Timothy proposed.
>
> The ‘.gnu_debuglink’ hook does nothing for packages that lack a “debug”
> output.  For packages that have a “debug” output, only ELF files from
> bin/, lib/, etc. are considered.  Overall the run-time cost should be
> low.

I went ahead and pushed these two patches as
93c333895a4e2dc9baabec8ade60d9d2ac0a91e2 and
e4297aa8b95cefa32e2595ce58886fc03b0561f7.

I modified tests/debug-link.scm compared to what I posted such that it
would skip tests that require %bootstrap-gcc when networking is lacking.

Thanks for your feedback,
Ludo’.