Subject: bug#19971: closed (Re: bug#19971: 25.0.50; Emacs segfaults randomly)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2016 21:00:04 +0000

Your bug report

#19971: 25.0.50; Emacs segfaults randomly

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
19971: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=19971
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#19971: 25.0.50; Emacs segfaults randomly
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2016 15:59:10 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> If you can easily reproduce it, how about posting the recipe to do
> that, including any image files needed for that?

No response in 18 months, closing.

Subject: 25.0.50; Emacs segfaults randomly
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 17:16:28 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Occasionaly C-x 5 2 or while playing chess emacs segfaults since some
weeks back. Haven't found a recipe to reproduce it. Here the gdb
backtrace:

(gdb) bt 30
#0  0x00007fe7581deb5b in raise (sig=sig@entry=11)
    at ../nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/pt-raise.c:37
#1  0x00000000004e8034 in terminate_due_to_signal (sig=sig@entry=11, 
    backtrace_limit=backtrace_limit@entry=40) at emacs.c:378
#2  0x00000000004ff50e in handle_fatal_signal (sig=sig@entry=11)
    at sysdep.c:1604
#3  0x00000000004ff733 in deliver_thread_signal (sig=sig@entry=11, 
    handler=0x4ff500 <handle_fatal_signal>) at sysdep.c:1578
#4  0x00000000004ff7bf in deliver_fatal_thread_signal (sig=11)
    at sysdep.c:1616
#5  handle_sigsegv (sig=11, siginfo=<optimized out>, arg=<optimized out>)
    at sysdep.c:1667
#6  <signal handler called>
#7  cache_image (f=0x4ca3830, img=0x7c47f20) at image.c:1775
#8  lookup_image (f=f@entry=0x4ca3830, spec=spec@entry=79920147)
    at image.c:1686
#9  0x00000000005c3f70 in Fimage_size (spec=79920147, pixels=0, 
    frame=<optimized out>) at image.c:864
#10 0x0000000000559037 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0xb26050 <Simage_size>)
    at eval.c:2725
#11 0x000000000058d993 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimized out>, 
    vector=50602357, maxdepth=<optimized out>, 
    args_template=args_template@entry=0, nargs=nargs@entry=0, 
    args=<optimized out>, args@entry=0x0) at bytecode.c:919
#12 0x0000000000558aa2 in funcall_lambda (fun=50602421, nargs=1, 
    arg_vector=0x7fff8254f5a8) at eval.c:2951
#13 0x0000000000558e63 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x30421b0) at eval.c:2779
#14 0x000000000058d993 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimized out>, 
    vector=50602357, maxdepth=<optimized out>, 
    args_template=args_template@entry=0, nargs=nargs@entry=0, 
    args=<optimized out>, args@entry=0x0) at bytecode.c:919
#15 0x0000000000558aa2 in funcall_lambda (fun=fun@entry=50602421, 
    nargs=nargs@entry=1, arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fff8254f700)
    at eval.c:2951
#16 0x0000000000558028 in apply_lambda (fun=50602421, args=<optimized out>, 
    count=24) at eval.c:2826
#17 0x0000000000558386 in eval_sub (form=form@entry=49986723) at eval.c:2256
#18 0x0000000000557ff2 in apply_lambda (fun=50782925, args=<optimized out>, 
    count=23) at eval.c:2818
#19 0x0000000000558386 in eval_sub (form=<optimized out>) at eval.c:2256
#20 0x00000000005586d4 in eval_sub (form=<optimized out>) at eval.c:2147
#21 0x00000000005588bd in Fprogn (body=49986435) at eval.c:445
#22 0x000000000055b271 in FletX (args=49987155) at eval.c:896
#23 0x0000000000558533 in eval_sub (form=form@entry=50238211) at eval.c:2131
#24 0x000000000055ba21 in Feval (form=50238211, lexical=<optimized out>)
    at eval.c:1996
#25 0x0000000000559047 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, nargs@entry=2, 
    args=0xb21448 <Seval>) at eval.c:2721
#26 0x0000000000557a81 in internal_condition_case_n (
    bfun=0x558c60 <Ffuncall>, nargs=nargs@entry=2, 
    args=args@entry=0x7fff8254fcd0, handlers=handlers@entry=45264, 
    hfun=hfun@entry=0x4386e0 <safe_eval_handler>) at eval.c:1430
#27 0x0000000000429d96 in safe__call (inhibit_quit=<optimized out>, 
    nargs=nargs@entry=2, func=<optimized out>, ap=ap@entry=0x7fff8254fd50)
    at xdisp.c:2494
#28 0x0000000000429ee0 in safe__call1 (inhibit_quit=<optimized out>, 
    fn=<optimized out>) at xdisp.c:2531
#29 0x0000000000441c8b in safe__eval (sexpr=<optimized out>, 
    inhibit_quit=<optimized out>) at xdisp.c:2545
(More stack frames follow...)

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.12.2)
 of 2015-02-28 on DE1-JTOCANCIPA-Ubuntu
Repository revision: 0537943561a37b54467bec19d1b8afbeba8e1e58
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11600000
System Description:	Ubuntu 14.10

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT
ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
.newsrc-dribble has auto save data; consider M-x recover-this-file
Wrote /home/jtocancipa/.emacs.desktop.lock
Desktop: 2 frames, 2 buffers restored.
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Error during redisplay: (eval (let* ((active (powerline-selected-window-active)) (mode-line (if active (quote mode-line) (quote mode-line-inactive))) (face1 (if active (quote powerline-active1) (quote powerline-inactive1))) (face2 (if active (quote powerline-active2) (quote powerline-inactive2))) (separator-left (intern (format "powerline-%s-%s" powerline-default-separator (car powerline-default-separator-dir)))) (separator-right (intern (format "powerline-%s-%s" powerline-default-separator (cdr powerline-default-separator-dir)))) (lhs (list (powerline-raw "%*" nil (quote l)) (powerline-buffer-size nil (quote l)) (powerline-raw mode-line-mule-info nil (quote l)) (powerline-buffer-id nil (quote l)) (when (and (boundp (quote which-func-mode)) which-func-mode) (powerline-raw which-func-format nil (quote l))) (powerline-raw " ") (funcall separator-left mode-line face1) (when (boundp (quote erc-modified-channels-object)) (powerline-raw erc-modified-channels-object face1 (quote l))) (powerline-major-mode face1 (quote l)) (powerline-process face1) (powerline-minor-modes face1 (quote l)) (powerline-narrow face1 (quote l)) (powerline-raw " " face1) (funcall separator-left face1 face2) (powerline-vc face2 (quote r)))) (rhs (list (powerline-raw global-mode-string face2 (quote r)) (funcall separator-right face2 face1) (powerline-raw "%4l" face1 (quote l)) (powerline-raw ":" face1 (quote l)) (powerline-raw "%3c" face1 (quote r)) (funcall separator-right face1 mode-line) (powerline-raw " ") (powerline-raw "%6p" nil (quote r)) (powerline-hud face2 face1)))) (concat (powerline-render lhs) (powerline-fill face2 (powerline-width rhs)) (powerline-render rhs)))) signaled (wrong-type-argument hash-table-p "Unprintable entity") [4 times]
ESC <mouse-1> is undefined
Error during redisplay: (eval (let* ((active (powerline-selected-window-active)) (mode-line (if active (quote mode-line) (quote mode-line-inactive))) (face1 (if active (quote powerline-active1) (quote powerline-inactive1))) (face2 (if active (quote powerline-active2) (quote powerline-inactive2))) (separator-left (intern (format "powerline-%s-%s" powerline-default-separator (car powerline-default-separator-dir)))) (separator-right (intern (format "powerline-%s-%s" powerline-default-separator (cdr powerline-default-separator-dir)))) (lhs (list (powerline-raw "%*" nil (quote l)) (powerline-buffer-size nil (quote l)) (powerline-raw mode-line-mule-info nil (quote l)) (powerline-buffer-id nil (quote l)) (when (and (boundp (quote which-func-mode)) which-func-mode) (powerline-raw which-func-format nil (quote l))) (powerline-raw " ") (funcall separator-left mode-line face1) (when (boundp (quote erc-modified-channels-object)) (powerline-raw erc-modified-channels-object face1 (quote l))) (powerline-major-mode face1 (quote l)) (powerline-process face1) (powerline-minor-modes face1 (quote l)) (powerline-narrow face1 (quote l)) (powerline-raw " " face1) (funcall separator-left face1 face2) (powerline-vc face2 (quote r)))) (rhs (list (powerline-raw global-mode-string face2 (quote r)) (funcall separator-right face2 face1) (powerline-raw "%4l" face1 (quote l)) (powerline-raw ":" face1 (quote l)) (powerline-raw "%3c" face1 (quote r)) (funcall separator-right face1 mode-line) (powerline-raw " ") (powerline-raw "%6p" nil (quote r)) (powerline-hud face2 face1)))) (concat (powerline-render lhs) (powerline-fill face2 (powerline-width rhs)) (powerline-render rhs)))) signaled (wrong-type-argument hash-table-p "Unprintable entity") [11 times]
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only [2 times]
Making completion list...
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils cl-extra seq paren avoid anzu mule-util thingatpt
time desktop frameset cus-start cus-load moe-theme powerline advice
help-fns powerline-separators color powerline-themes flymake pylookup
cl-macs ido cl gv browse-url python-pep8 derived compile comint
ansi-color ring dired-x dired edmacro kmacro dpaste server tex-site info
easymenu malabar-mode-autoloads eieio-core cl-generic pcase cl-loaddefs
cl-lib package epg-config time-date tooltip eldoc electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face
macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 163926 5386)
 (symbols 48 25976 0)
 (miscs 40 79 140)
 (strings 32 39138 8106)
 (string-bytes 1 1077845)
 (vectors 16 17662)
 (vector-slots 8 489297 2685)
 (floats 8 275 372)
 (intervals 56 250 57)
 (buffers 976 14)
 (heap 1024 46205 3704))