Subject: bug#19955: closed (Re: bug#19956: Solved (Re: df fails to show all mounted file systems))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 12:40:03 +0000

Your bug report

#19956: df fails to show all mounted file systems

which was filed against the coreutils package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
19956: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=19956
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#19956: Solved (Re: df fails to show all mounted file systems)
From: Pádraig Brady <[email-masked]>
To: Vesa-Matti J Kari <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 12:39:05 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 26/02/15 15:41, Vesa-Matti J Kari wrote:
> 
> Hello,
> 
> On Thu, 26 Feb 2015, Vesa-Matti J Kari wrote:
> 
>> [...] starting from coreutils-8.21 (i.e. the bug exist in 8.22 and 8.23
>> too), lots of NFS mounts are missing:
>>
>> vmkari@cedi:/var/tmp/vmk$ coreutils-8.21/src/df
>> Filesystem                1K-blocks       Used Available Use% Mounted on
>> /dev/mapper/rvg-root        5134336    4334584    799752  85% /
>> devtmpfs                    8118888          0   8118888   0% /dev
>> tmpfs                       8128372          0   8128372   0% /dev/shm
>> tmpfs                       8128372      18860   8109512   1% /run
>> tmpfs                       8128372          0   8128372   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
>> /dev/sda1                    520876     190144    330732  37% /boot
>> machine-1:/ua/group      1459291104 1113208544 271954816  81% /h/group
>> machine-1:/b/scratch      101721248   75860064  20618816  79% /b/scratch
>> machine-1:/h/a           1001028384  746104672 204068672  79% /h/a
>> machine-1:/usr/local/yht  113402880   78201856  29433856  73% /usr/local/yht
>> machine-1:/q/q            113402528   78201952  29433536  73% /q/q
>> machine-2:/var/spool/mail    230608384   83144160 135929888  38% /var/spool/mail
>>
>> The contents /etc/mtab are correct and "mount" command also works
>> correctly. Could you look into this issue please?
> 
> Wow. I just spent about three hours investigating and came up with this
> little patch for coreutils-8.20:
> 
> ----------- sample starts -------------------------------
> 
> --- coreutils-8.21/src/df.c	2013-02-05 01:40:31.000000000 +0200
> +++ coreutils-8.21-patched/src/df.c	2015-02-26 17:02:41.849872767 +0200
> @@ -624,8 +624,8 @@ filter_mount_list (void)
>          }
>        else
>          {
> -          /* If the device name is a real path name ...  */
> -          if (strchr (me->me_devname, '/'))
> +          /* If the device name is a real path name and not an NFS-mount ...  */
> +          if (strchr (me->me_devname, '/') && !strchr (me->me_devname, ':'))
>              {
>                /* ... try to find its device number in the devlist.  */
>                for (devlist = devlist_head; devlist; devlist = devlist->next)
> 
> ----------- sample ends ------------------------------
> 
> And all in vain because the 'df' utility in the latest coreutils git-repo
> already works correctly. :-)
> 
> So sorry for the noise.
> 
> Do you have plans to release coreutils-8.24 soon? The
> coreutils-8.22.11.el7 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 / CentOS 7 is
> currently broken.

EL7 would get that backport independently of a new release.
That's now tracked at https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1197463

thanks,
Pádraig.

Subject: df fails to show all mounted file systems
From: Vesa-Matti J Kari <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 13:39:37 +0200 (EET)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

coreutils 8.20 df output is correct, showing all mounted filesystems:

vmkari@cedi:/var/tmp/vmk$ coreutils-8.20/src/df
Filesystem                1K-blocks       Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs                      5134336    4334584    799752  85% /
devtmpfs                    8118888          0   8118888   0% /dev
tmpfs                       8128372          0   8128372   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs                       8128372      18860   8109512   1% /run
tmpfs                       8128372          0   8128372   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/mapper/rvg-root        5134336    4334584    799752  85% /
/dev/sda1                    520876     190144    330732  37% /boot
machine-1:/data/data1    1459291104 1113208544 271954816  81% /data/data1
machine-1:/b/scratch      101721248   75860064  20618816  79% /b/scratch
machine-1:/h/a           1001028384  746104672 204068672  79% /h/a
machine-1:/usr/local/yht  113402880   78201856  29433856  73% /usr/local/yht
machine-1:/q/q            113402528   78201952  29433536  73% /q/q
machine-1:/h/4           1001028384  746104672 204068672  79% /h/4
machine-1:/p/p            113402528   78201952  29433536  73% /p/p
machine-1:/ua/group      1459291104 1113208544 271954816  81% /h/group
machine-1:/h/9           1001028384  746104672 204068672  79% /h/9
machine-1:/y/lingweb     1459291104 1113208544 271954816  81% /ling/web
machine-1:/h/1           1001028384  746104672 204068672  79% /h/3
machine-1:/h/c           1001028384  746104672 204068672  79% /h/c
machine-1:/h/6           1001028384  746104672 204068672  79% /h/6
machine-1:/h/7           1001028384  746104672 204068672  79% /h/7
machine-1:/h/5           1001028384  746104672 204068672  79% /h/5
machine-1:/h/8           1001028384  746104672 204068672  79% /h/8
machine-1:/h/1           1001028384  746104672 204068672  79% /h/1
machine-1:/h/2           1001028384  746104672 204068672  79% /h/2
machine-2:/var/spool/mail    230608384   83144160 135929888  38% /var/spool/mail
machine-1:/h/0           1001028384  746104672 204068672  79% /h/0

But starting from coreutils-8.21 (i.e. the bug exist in 8.22 and 8.23
too), lots of NFS mounts are missing:

vmkari@cedi:/var/tmp/vmk$ coreutils-8.21/src/df
Filesystem                1K-blocks       Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/rvg-root        5134336    4334584    799752  85% /
devtmpfs                    8118888          0   8118888   0% /dev
tmpfs                       8128372          0   8128372   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs                       8128372      18860   8109512   1% /run
tmpfs                       8128372          0   8128372   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
/dev/sda1                    520876     190144    330732  37% /boot
machine-1:/ua/group      1459291104 1113208544 271954816  81% /h/group
machine-1:/b/scratch      101721248   75860064  20618816  79% /b/scratch
machine-1:/h/a           1001028384  746104672 204068672  79% /h/a
machine-1:/usr/local/yht  113402880   78201856  29433856  73% /usr/local/yht
machine-1:/q/q            113402528   78201952  29433536  73% /q/q
machine-2:/var/spool/mail    230608384   83144160 135929888  38% /var/spool/mail

The contents /etc/mtab are correct and "mount" command also works
correctly. Could you look into this issue please?

Regards,
vmk
-- 
************************************************************************
               Tietotekniikkakeskus / Helsingin yliopisto
                 IT department / University of Helsinki
************************************************************************