Subject: bug#19943: 25.0.50.1; Changing reftex-include-file-commands has no effect

From: Nicolas Richard <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 10:17:14 +0100

Hello,

I was working in this document, wondering why reftex was not finding its
files. I realized it was because I was using a macro of mine (named
newpageinput) instead of the usual \input/\include, so I added:
% reftex-include-file-commands: ("newpageinput" "input" "include")
in the Local Variables: section, and hit C-u C-c C-n.

But despite my efforts (e.g. removing the corresponding style file in
auto/), the "C-c )" (reftex-reference) menu was always empty.

After some grepping, I finally found I had to run M-:
(reftex-compile-variables) RET in order to make it work.

Could this process be documented e.g. in the docstring of
reftex-include-file-commands ? Also, it would be nice to mention the
option reftex-include-file-commands in (info "(auctex) Multifile") or
(info "(reftex) Multifile Documents").

Thanks,

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2015-02-18 on LDLC-portable
Package: 25.0.50.1

current state:
==============
(setq
 window-system 'x
 reftex-plug-into-AUCTeX t
 )

-- 
Nicolas Richard