Subject: 25.0.50; Infinite loop in `studlify-word' with Subword mode

From: Simen Heggestøyl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 22:19:04 +0100

An infinite loop occurs when Subword mode is active and
`studlify-word' is run on a word with more than one subword. The bug
seems to have been introduced by changes made to subword.el in commit
6ddc44225e743e2b2a0d5c192f50aefd7a4a915b.

Here is a recipe that triggers the bug, starting from emacs -Q:

  1. Open a new buffer, and type in "subWord".
  2. Activate Subword mode by `M-x subword-mode'.
  3. Move point to the beginning of the line, and run `M-x
     studlify-word'.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.5)
 of 2015-02-24 on x240
Repository revision: 450bebaec94611f0958e13e35faf494e17931f8e
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 
11.0.11604000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 8.0 (jessie)

Configured using:
 `configure --without-makeinfo'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT
ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec
rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 74956 6410)
 (symbols 48 18012 0)
 (miscs 40 43 124)
 (strings 32 10961 5159)
 (string-bytes 1 296944)
 (vectors 16 9377)
 (vector-slots 8 386766 15535)
 (floats 8 70 63)
 (intervals 56 175 0)
 (buffers 976 11)
 (heap 1024 31954 1039))