Subject: Re: bug#19902: 25.0.50; Make eww entry point more info-like

From: Ivan Shmakov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 17:32:32 +0000

>>>>> Mark Oteiza <[email-masked]> writes:
>>>>> Ivan Shmakov <[email-masked]> writes:
>>>>> Mark Oteiza <[email-masked]> writes:

 >>> (eww-mode-map): More Info-like `M-n' for `clone-buffer'

	On a second thought, it may still be worth preserving the
	(M-n, M-p) pair for some kind of navigation (whether bookmark or
	something else; FWIW, I don’t use EWW bookmarks personally.)
	It may even make sense to bind clone-buffer to a different key
	sequence in Info-mode-map (in addition to the current binding.)

 >>> +  (interactive
 >>> +   (let ((buf (get-buffer (if (numberp current-prefix-arg)
 >>> +                              (format "*eww*<%s>" current-prefix-arg)
 >>> +                            "*eww*"))))
 >>> +     (list (unless buf (read-string "Enter URL or keywords: "))
 >>> +           buf)))

 >> … Except for this part, which essentially reintroduces #19106; see
 >> [1].  I presume that for this reason, the new ‘eww’ command should
 >> call ‘eww-suggested-uris’ just like the old one does.

 >> [1] http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=19106#msg8

 > Hm, good catch.  I'm not sure how this should fit in.  Perhaps
 > `eww-suggested-uris' should be the behaviour behind the non-numeric
 > prefix (C-u)?

	The list of defaults returned by ‘eww-suggested-uris’ is only
	meaningful for the ‘read-string’ code path, which implies that
	either no prefix argument is given, /or/ the prefix given does
	not refer to an existing *eww* buffer.

-- 
FSF associate member #7257  http://boycottsystemd.org/  … 3013 B6A0 230E 334A