Subject: bug#199: 23.0.60; Frame sizing problem with toolbar containing no toolbar buttons

From: "Tim Van Holder" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 09:33:16 +0200

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 2:34 AM, Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Buffers with no associated toolbar buttons now show an empty
>> toolbar (which is probably the actual bug).
>> But an empty toolbar isn't as high as one with buttons, resulting in
>> the rest of the frame getting shifted up, leaving a smallish empty
>> area at the bottom of the frame (below the minibuffer).
>> So either the toolbar needs to be hidden entirely, or the screen
>> painting code needs to take this height difference into account.
>>
>> To reproduce: run report-emacs-bug, enter a subject, and switch
>> between the message and the *Bug Help* buffer.
>
> I can't reproduce the problem using this recipe.  Both the message and
> the *Bug Help* buffer show a tool-bar.  Is the bug still present for
> you?  If so, could you provide a detailed recipe starting with
> `emacs -Q'?

It's quite possible the sizing problem still exists, but I don't think
it can be reproduced
anymore. The reason I noticed it was that there was a bug in the
toolbar code that
made some buttons disappear. I'm not sure if there is any way for the
current emacs
code to display a toolbar without any buttons in it.