Subject: bug#19891: closed (Re: bug#19891: 25.0.50; EIEIO: Display of parents in help buffer broken)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 18:24:02 +0000

Your bug report

#19891: 25.0.50; EIEIO: Display of parents in help buffer broken

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
19891: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=19891
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#19891: 25.0.50; EIEIO: Display of parents in help buffer broken
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: David Engster <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 13:22:50 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

>   C-h f foochild RET

> and you'll get an "Wrong type argument" error with the following
> backtrace:

> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument symbolp [defclass

Thanks, should be fixed now,

        Stefan

Subject: 25.0.50; EIEIO: Display of parents in help buffer broken
From: David Engster <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 23:10:50 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In latest Emacs from Git (16d91bce1d05), evaluate

 (require 'eieio)
 (defclass foo () ())
 (defclass foochild (foo) ())

and then

  C-h f foochild RET

and you'll get an "Wrong type argument" error with the following
backtrace:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument symbolp [defclass foo nil (foochild) #s(hash-table size 65 test eq rehash-size 1.5 rehash-threshold 0.8 data ()) nil nil nil [] nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil [] nil nil nil nil nil [] [eieio-class-tag--foo] (:custom-groups nil)])
  symbol-name([defclass foo nil (foochild) #s(hash-table size 65 test eq rehash-size 1.5 rehash-threshold 0.8 data ( ...)) nil nil nil [] nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil [] nil nil nil nil nil [] [eieio-class-tag--foo] (:custom-groups nil)])
  eieio-help-class(foochild)
  eieio-help-constructor(foochild)
  run-hook-with-args(eieio-help-constructor foochild)
  describe-function-1(foochild)
  describe-function(foochild)
  funcall-interactively(describe-function foochild)
  call-interactively(describe-function nil nil)
  command-execute(describe-function)

Another small nitpick: If you do

  C-h v foo RET

you'll see

 This variable is obsolete since 25.1;
 use 'foo instead

which is confusing.

-David