Subject: Re: bug#19888: [check][fail]

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 00:03:36 +0100

Daniel Kochmański <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I'm encountering an error when building guix from git (linux, archlinux, aur
> package guix-git) - make check returns three failed checks (see
> attachments).

[...]

> ./configure: ./config.status: /tmp/packerbuild-1000/guix-git/guix-git/src/guix/test-tmp/store/s5j6jzyqy26f0: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

I sounds like the shebang is actually longer than Linux’s static limit.

Indeed, the string
“/tmp/packerbuild-1000/guix-git/guix-git/src/guix/test-tmp/store/wzk9i3vyr53xiyxl6ar7ykyifxhfxqpv-bootstrap-binaries-0/bin/bash”
is exactly 126 characters, but BINPRM_BUF_SIZE in Linux, which accounts
for the entire shebang plus trailing zero, is 128.

Commit b69c5c2 works around that by skipping tests that would otherwise
hit this limit.

I will also add configure-time checks to at least warn about the risk of
such problems.

Thanks for the report!

Ludo’.