Subject: bug#19886: closed (Re: bug#19886: 11.87; emacs 24 and jit-lock-force-redisplay)

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 21:06:07 +0100

Uwe Brauer <[email-masked]> writes:

>    >> In end of data:
>    >> tex-jp.el:848:1:Warning: the function `japanese-TeX-coding-ejsu' is not known
>    >> to be defined.
>    >> Wrote /home/oub/ALLES/emacs/site-lisp/packages/auctex-11.88/tex-jp.elc
>    >> make: *** [lisp] Error 1
>
>    > That's no error but just a warning.  The error must have happened
>    > somewhere before.
>
> Error 1 looks serious to be.

Yes, but that's just make telling you that something has gone wrong when
trying to fulfill the target lisp.  The cause doesn't need to be exactly
above that line because make performs tasks in parallel [1].  Make just
cannot stop all running tasks when the first error is found, so it'll
tell you if errors have happened in any task as a summary.

Somewhere above, there's a line like

  file.el:281:1:Error: bla bla bla

and that's the real error.

Bye,
Tassilo

[1] You can tell make not to perform tasks in parallel using
"MAKEOPTS=-j1 make", and then the make real error and the make "you have
an error" message are next to each other.