Subject: bug#19886: nlinum/linum mode blinking

From: RJD <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 17:27:17 +0000 (UTC)

I have tried both linum-mode and nlinum-mode.

This seems to be fine until I use the vc-mode checkin.

Let us say I have made a change to some source file:

C-x v v 
; input comments
C-c C-c

My source file will auto-regenerate (global-auto-revert-mode 1)

Now (at some relatively small time after), I have the line number (on both
linum/nlinum) flashing at a particular line. I also have a "|" character
separating the line number and the source line.

Eg, line 777

=======EXAMPLE=======
777 | return 0;

; at some intermittent time after:

      return 0;

; at some intermittent time after:

777 | return 0;

; at some intermittent time after:

      return 0;

=======END EXAMPLE===

BUT, it is not tied to a particular line number, as I move down/up the
buffer with C-v/M-v the line number in the same place as before will now
start to flicker.

It seems hard to reproduce, and it was happening before I introduced the "|"
character. But if someone, at some points, can turn on linum mode and make a
checkin with VC mode.. perhaps it is (global-auto-revert-mode 1) that causes
the issue. Either way it is a bug imo.