Subject: Re: bug#19886: closed (Re: bug#19886: 11.87; emacs 24 and jit-lock-force-redisplay)

From: Uwe Brauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 14:19:08 +0100

>>>>> "GNU" == GNU bug Tracking System <[email-masked]> writes:

   > Uwe Brauer <[email-masked]> writes:

   > Hi Uwe,

   >> Every time I enter a LaTeX file I obtain and error concerning
   >> jit-lock-force-redisplay.  This error pops up periodically and is
   >> annoying.

   > This has been fixed about two years ago with commit
   > 5b5ef6eeb0468c273a329a05d31b3788fd46b5d7.  Is there a specific reason
   > you are using the outdated AUCTeX 11.87 instead of a current version?

Not really. However I never got the elpa to work for me, so I prefer to
install 11.88 from source. I did it and I failed.

I run ./configure EMACS=/opt/emacs24/bin/emacs   
(because my old Kubuntu ships only emacs23.)

Then running 
make 

gives the following error 

In end of data:
tex-jp.el:848:1:Warning: the function `japanese-TeX-coding-ejsu' is not known
    to be defined.
Wrote /home/oub/ALLES/emacs/site-lisp/packages/auctex-11.88/tex-jp.elc
make: *** [lisp] Error 1

I have never seen such an error, (well I have seen similar things in
Xemacs, but there you have Mule vs No Mule Xemacs and japanese fails for
no Mule Xemacs, but GNU Emacs has Mule activated per default).

Maybe I should upgrade GNU emacs (24.3.50.1)?

Uwe