Subject: bug#19884: 24.3; Unimplemented `url-handler' functions

From: Alexis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 11:26:33 +1100

On 2015-02-18T10:10:25+1100, Eli Barzilay said:

 EB> You're right -- I was too lazy to pinpoint the problem, but 
 now I EB> did it.  Here's a complete and exact sequence:

 EB> * Start a bare emacs: emacs -Q

 EB> * Change this option using `set-variable' or a plain `setq': 
 EB> (setq read-file-name-completion-ignore-case t)

 EB> * Activate the url-handler mode M-x url-handler-mode RET

 EB> * Try to load some URL: C-x C-f C-a C-k http://barzilay.org/ 
 RET

 EB> I get an "Unimplemented" error

With a manually compiled Emacs 24.4.1 on Debian Wheezy(+updates) 
x86_64, and following the above steps, i'm unable to reproduce 
this error. (Instead i get an unrendered XHTML document in a 
buffer named "barzilay.org".)

Might it perhaps have been an issue with 24.3 that was fixed by 
24.4?

Alexis.