Subject: Re: bug#19883: Correction for backtrace

From: David Kastrup <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 20:25:22 +0100

[email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> David Kastrup <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> Shrug.  I'll put a link to this bug report to a suitable LilyPond issue.
>
> Thank you.  Though I want other LilyPond developers to get involved, and
> I’m afraid it would be easy for them to just ignore a side bug report.
>
> It’s a vital task for LilyPond, it cannot be a one-person side-project
> on the LilyPond side.

Three years ago in August there was a meeting of developers at my house,
a lot of information was passed around and in a concerted effort
LilyPond-2.16.0 was released.

Since then all developments would properly be labelled a one-person
project or side-project.

Now if you take a look at GUILE 2.1 development, in particular all
commits that are _not_ merges from the 2.0 branch, you'll find that
quite more than 90% have come from the same person.

LilyPond development is quite more diverse, but the various changes in
the last years have invariably been one-person projects.

Of the three large GUILE-based applications Gnucash, TeXmacs, and
LilyPond, the only successful migration to GUILEv2 so far has been
Gnucash, and its integration with GUILE is much smaller than that of
LilyPond.

The one-person projects concerning finding and/or fixing language and
compiler problems or restructuring the related code areas have been
exclusively mine.  That is not necessarily a good match since my
productivity drops to near zero when I lose interest with a problem, and
without anybody else keeping the ball rolling, it can easily stay there.

But I have no resources I could call upon to change that.

-- 
David Kastrup