Subject: bug#19880: 24.4; info-look.el latex2e.info setup

From: Kevin Ryde <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 11:31:53 +1100

If info-look.el is loaded before info-mode has been used then a
latex2e.info file is not noticed for latex-mode help.  For example

    [ have a copy of latex2e.info in /usr/share/info ]
    emacs -Q /tmp/foo.ltx
    \part                  ;; buffer content
    C-h S
    =>
    [message] Cannot access Info node `(latex)Command Index'
    [error}   info-lookup: Not documented as a symbol: \cdots

I hoped it could open latex2e.info, per the conditional in info-look.el

    (if (Info-find-file "latex2e" t)
        ;; From http://home.gna.org/latexrefman
        "(latex2e)Command Index"
      "(latex)Command Index")

I think `Info-find-file' doesn't work until `info-initialize' has run.
Perhaps chuck that or equivalent in there.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (i586-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2014-12-20 on brahms, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11602901
Configured using:
 `configure --build i586-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --build i586-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=lucid --with-toolkit-scroll-bars
 --without-gconf --without-gsettings 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall'
 CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

-- 
The sigfile lesser-known SI units series:
milliHelen - the amount of beauty required to launch a ship.