Subject: Re: bug#1988: Making the license statement visible in the Emacs Manual

From: [email-masked] (Karl Berry)
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 17:02:43 -0600

On review, I think you're right.  I was being overly cautious.  Here's 
    a patch that puts it right in the opening screenfull, where it 
    certainly won't be missed.

Ok.

    Certainly.  By "the other manuals" I assume you mean those listed on: 
    http://www.gnu.org/manual/manual.html -- 

No.  Sorry for not specifying.  I just mean the manuals in the Emacs
distribution, namely those here:
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/emacs/doc/?root=emacs

(There are many individual manuals in the misc/ subdir.)

Dealing with manuals in other distributions has to be done separately,
through their respective maintainers/bug lists.  If you want to take
that on, that would be great.

    BTW, (I know this should likely be mentioned elsewhere, but...) GNUMP3d 
    should probably be noted as being "mothballed" per it's developer's 
    comment here: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnump3d/index.html

Hmm, thanks for mentioning it.  I guess I'll be writing to its maintainer.