Subject: Re: bug#1988: Making the license statement visible in the Emacs Manual

From: Jesse W <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 11:03:10 -0800

On Feb 5, 2009, at 4:05 PM, Karl Berry wrote:
>     Well, here is a simple patch for emacs.texi.  I hope I did it 
> right,
>     please let me know if there's any better way I should do this.
>
> I'm not sure if anyone will see it after the lengthy menu in the Top
> node, but if you're happy with it (as the original bug reporter), it's
> fine with me.
On review, I think you're right.  I was being overly cautious.  Here's 
a patch that puts it right in the opening screenfull, where it 
certainly won't be missed.

> Can you go through and make the same change to all the other manuals 
> and
> send me the diff?
Certainly.  By "the other manuals" I assume you mean those listed on: 
http://www.gnu.org/manual/manual.html -- or is there some other, more 
accessible list?

In any case, just to start, here's a patch for EMMS's manual.

BTW, (I know this should likely be mentioned elsewhere, but...) GNUMP3d 
should probably be noted as being "mothballed" per it's developer's 
comment here: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnump3d/index.html

Glad to help,

Jesse Weinstein