Subject: Re: bug#19874: 25.0.50; encode-time not working as expected

From: [email-masked] (Ashish SHUKLA)
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 03:17:17 +0530

On Thu, 26 Feb 2015 21:05:52 +0100, Wolfgang Jenkner <[email-masked]> said:
| On Fri, Feb 27 2015, Ashish SHUKLA wrote:

|| | (encode-time 44 42 6 15 2 2015 0 nil 0)
|| | => (21728 16356)
|| 
|| In interactive mode ? In interactive-mode it's broken for me, in batch mode it
|| works fine.

| Yes, it gives the same result as above in both ways for me.

Very strange. FTR, following is output of `uname -a`:

FreeBSD chateau.d.if 10.1-RELEASE-p6 FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE-p6 #0 r279268: Wed Feb 25 12:37:13 IST 2015     [email-masked]:/wrksrc/usr/src/sys/CHATEAU  amd64

and /etc/localtime points to the file in /usr/share/zoneinfo, and no TZ
environment variable is set, in my case.

Do you have TZ environment variable set, or you use /etc/localtime ? And also are
you on FreeBSD 10.1/amd64 as well ?

Thanks!
-- 
Ashish SHUKLA

“Now I’ve only been an OpenBSD developer for 11 years, one year less than this
header has existed, but in that brief time, I’ve learned a thing or two about
deleting obsolete code. It doesn’t delete itself. And worse, people will
continue using it until you force them onto a better path.” (Ted Unangst, OpenBSD)

Sent from my Emacs