Subject: Re: bug#19865: tar-untar-buffer: should honor default-directory

From: Ivan Shmakov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 17:32:59 +0000

>>>>> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>>>>> From: Ivan Shmakov  Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 15:57:36 +0000

 >> Well, let’s see if I can reword the report.

 > If all you want is for me to stop bothering you with comments, all
 > you need is just ask.  There's no need to have the bug reports
 > reworded around my comments.

	All I want is to get the issue (that is: the misbehavior of
	tar-untar-buffer with respect to the tar-mode buffer value of
	default-directory) fixed.

	From where I stand, the shortest way there seems to get either
	of my two patches approved (that is: at least a single OK and no
	NAKs), so that I can safely push it.  If there’s any other way I
	should be aware of – I’d like to hear about it.

	My understanding is that the Stefan’s comment is an OK (for a
	former patch), while your request for “someone third to resolve
	the tie” is a NAK (please correct me if it’s not.)

	I appreciate the comments regarding the possible new “explicit
	destination directory” feature, and I guess I can work on a
	possible implementation once /this/ issue – and also #19481 –
	are fixed.  However, I believe that such a new feature is no
	substitute for a proper fix to this bug.

	Thanks again for your participation in this discussion.

-- 
FSF associate member #7257  http://boycottsystemd.org/  … 3013 B6A0 230E 334A