Subject: bug#19864: closed (Re: bug#19864: 25.0.50; package-initialize is no more starting)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 08:21:02 +0000

Your bug report

#19864: 25.0.50; package-initialize is no more starting

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
19864: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=19864
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#19864: 25.0.50; package-initialize is no more starting
From: Bastien <[email-masked]>
To: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 09:20:01 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]> writes:

> Artur Malabarba <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I confirm this was fixed yesterday, so this report can be closed.
>
> Ok thanks.

Thanks and closed.

-- 
 Bastien

Subject: 25.0.50; package-initialize is no more starting
From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 08:17:14 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,
`package-initialize' is returning an error because it calls
`package-read-all-archive-contents' which use package--mapc, which in turn
use `package-installed-p' which return an error if `package--initialized' is
nil.  And this variable is set at end of `package-initialize'.

Actually to start emacs-25 I have to advice `package-initialize' to set
`package--initialized' before.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
 of 2015-02-14 on dell-14z
Repository revision: 61b4c22c6eba96718327a0d208a8492d8bad76e0
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11501000
System Description:	Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS

Configured using:
 `configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid --without-toolkit-scroll-bars
 --without-gconf --without-gsettings'

Configured features:
XAW3D XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS NOTIFY
LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  git-gutter-mode: t
  psession-mode: t
  golden-ratio-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  eldoc-in-minibuffer-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  helm-descbinds-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  helm-adaptive-mode: t
  helm-match-plugin-mode: t
  helm-occur-match-plugin-mode: t
  helm-autoresize-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
Are you sure you want to quit reading news? (y or n) y
Saving /home/thierry/.newsrc.eld...
Saving file /home/thierry/.newsrc.eld...
Wrote /home/thierry/.newsrc.eld
Saving /home/thierry/.newsrc.eld...done
ad-handle-definition: `vc-revert' got redefined
(No files need saving)
Type a prefix key to toggle it. Run 'actions' with their prefixes. '?' for more help.
Running git pull
Git finished

Load-path shadows:
~/elisp/auctex/lpath hides ~/elisp/emacs-wget/lpath
/usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq hides ~/elisp/emms/lisp/tq

Features:
(magit-key-mode magit view help-mode autorevert filenotify
git-rebase-mode git-commit-mode log-edit helm-ls-git vc vc-dispatcher
flow-fill gnus-cite gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml nndraft nnmh nnml
nnfolder gnutls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg nntp gnus-cache shadow emacsbug mail-extr epa-mail smiley
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig w3m-form cl-indent
mule-util mm-archive network-stream nsm starttls url-http url-gw
url-cache url-auth url-handlers finder-inf helm-elisp-package
helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval make-mode bug-reference add-log
vc-filewise vc-rcs conf-mode markdown-mode sh-script smie executable
vc-git diff-mode naquadah-theme em-unix em-script em-prompt em-ls
em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic em-banner em-alias
align-let git-gutter server psession golden-ratio winner undo-tree diff
slime-xref-browser slime-banner slime-tramp slime-asdf slime-fancy
slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree slime-scratch slime-presentations bridge
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl slime-parse slime etags
xref arc-mode archive-mode image-file xdvi-search preview-latex tex-site
auto-loads pcomplete-extension pcmpl-unix pcmpl-gnu em-term term
disp-table ehelp python eldoc-eval warnings whitespace paren time
recentf tree-widget savehist mu4e-config org-mu4e helm-mu mu4e-contrib
mu4e mu4e-speedbar speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe mu4e-main mu4e-view
mu4e-headers mu4e-compose mu4e-draft mu4e-actions ido rfc2368 mu4e-mark
mu4e-message html2text mu4e-proc mu4e-utils mu4e-lists mu4e-about
mu4e-vars mu4e-meta gnus-dired nnir gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls utf7 netrc
parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win nnoo config-w3m
w3m-search w3m doc-view jka-compr image-mode timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb
bookmark-w3m w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util
w3m-load smtpmail-async smtpmail sendmail dired-async iterator lacarte
iedit-rect iedit iedit-lib smallurl mm-url gnus gnus-ems nnheader
wid-edit rectangle-utils rect ledger-config ledger esh-var esh-io
esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode
esh-arg esh-util tv-utils pcvs vc-cvs pcvs-parse pcvs-info pcvs-defs
pcvs-util ewoc mb-depth cl-info hyperspec esh-toggle flymake no-word
htmlize cl dired-extension emms-vlc-config emms-playlist-limit
emms-volume emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n emms-history emms-score
emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks emms-cue
emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort
emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time
emms-lyrics emms-url hl-line emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line
emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-playlist-mode
emms-player-vlc emms-player-mplayer emms-info emms-streams later-do
emms-source-playlist emms-source-file emms-player-simple emms-setup emms
emms-compat org-config-thierry ob-sh org-crypt appt diary-lib
diary-loaddefs org-annotation-helper addressbook-bookmark message rfc822
mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
firefox-protocol bookmark-firefox-handler bookmark-extensions
init-helm-thierry helm-descbinds helm-extensions-autoloads helm-mode
helm-files image-dired tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver shell
dired-x dired-aux ffap thingatpt helm-buffers helm-elscreen helm-tags
helm-bookmark helm-adaptive helm-info helm-net browse-url xml url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf mailcap bookmark pp helm-locate helm-help helm-org
org-location-google-maps org-agenda google-maps google-maps-static
url-util url-parse url-vars google-maps-geocode google-maps-base json
org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs helm-match-plugin helm-grep wgrep-helm wgrep helm-regexp
helm-plugin grep helm-external helm-utils dired compile comint
ansi-color ring helm easy-mmode helm-source eieio-compat helm-config
helm-autoloads async-bytecomp async helm-aliases epa-file epa derived
epg auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra seq cconv
eieio-core cl-generic pcase gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache
cl-macs gv slime-autoloads package epg-config time-date avoid cus-start
cus-load w3m-wget info easymenu edmacro kmacro advice help-fns net-utils
cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 894383 118136)
 (symbols 48 64127 4)
 (miscs 40 1498 1692)
 (strings 32 183594 22246)
 (string-bytes 1 5395023)
 (vectors 16 70786)
 (vector-slots 8 1848082 111964)
 (floats 8 2001 472)
 (intervals 56 53546 22863)
 (buffers 976 157)
 (heap 1024 94179 9926))
-- 
Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997