Subject: bug#19862: closed (Re: bug#19862: Crash with x-popup-menu in tty)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 13:16:03 +0000

Your bug report

#19862: Crash with x-popup-menu in tty

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
19862: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=19862
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#19862: Crash with x-popup-menu in tty
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 15:15:24 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 23:18:39 -0500
> 
> Package: Emacs
> Version: 24.4
> 
> 
>    emacs24 -Q -nw --eval '(x-popup-menu t (quote (keymap "title" (a "A" undefined) (b "B" undefined))))'
> 
> dumps a core right away.  The bug is still present in master.

Fixed.

Subject: Crash with x-popup-menu in tty
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 23:18:39 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Package: Emacs
Version: 24.4

   emacs24 -Q -nw --eval '(x-popup-menu t (quote (keymap "title" (a "A" undefined) (b "B" undefined))))'

dumps a core right away.  The bug is still present in master.

        Stefan

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.5)
 of 2015-01-26 on alfajor
Repository revision: d6bd3423bdf88834bb5b8660d3276d62d430a5c5
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11600000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 8.0 (jessie)

Configured using:
 `configure -C --enable-checking --enable-check-lisp-object-type
 'CFLAGS=-Wall -g3 -Og -Wno-pointer-sign'
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/monnier/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_CH.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: InactiveMinibuffer

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  c-electric-flag: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  url-handler-mode: t
  global-reveal-mode: t
  reveal-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  global-prettify-symbols-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
Entering debugger...
Continuing.
eval: Wrong type argument: consp, undefined
Quit [2 times]
(a)
Mark activated [2 times]
Entering debugger...
Continuing.
completing-read-default: Command attempted to use minibuffer while in minibuffer
Quit
Quit

Load-path shadows:
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/ada-mode/ada-ref-man hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/ada-ref-man/ada-ref-man
/home/monnier/src/elisp/sml-mode/sml-mode hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/sml-mode/sml-mode
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/ada-mode/ada-mode hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/progmodes/ada-mode
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/ada-mode/ada-stmt hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/progmodes/ada-stmt
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/ada-mode/ada-prj hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/progmodes/ada-prj
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/ada-mode/ada-xref hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/progmodes/ada-xref
/home/monnier/src/elisp/sml-mode/prog-proc hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/emacs-lisp/prog-proc
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/crisp/crisp hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/obsolete/crisp

Features:
(mail-extr emacsbug autorevert filenotify doc-view jka-compr image-mode
sgml-mode completion sh-script smie autoconf autoconf-mode rect
package-x sort mule-util network-stream nsm starttls tls mpc
semantic/bovine/c semantic/db-mode semantic/decorate/include
semantic/decorate/mode semantic/decorate pulse semantic/bovine/c-by
semantic/lex-spp semantic/idle semantic/bovine/gcc semantic/dep
semantic/bovine semantic/analyze/refs semantic/db-find semantic/db-ref
semantic/analyze semantic/sort semantic/scope semantic/analyze/fcn
semantic/db eieio-compat eieio-base semantic/ctxt semantic/format
semantic/tag-ls semantic/find semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet hideif cpp
cmacexp gud shell pcomplete grep compile eieio-opt speedbar sb-image
ezimage dframe cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-langs cc-vars cc-defs log-edit message sendmail
dired format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils
mailheader pcvs-util make-mode smerge-mode bug-reference add-log dabbrev
executable copyright xscheme warnings unsafep trace testcover shadow
scheme re-builder profiler inf-lisp ielm pp comint ansi-color ring
gmm-utils ert find-func debug elp edebug cl-indent cus-edit cus-start
cus-load wid-edit filecache misearch multi-isearch whitespace vc-git
diff-mode vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc-dir ewoc vc
vc-dispatcher server noutline outline easy-mmode flyspell ispell
checkdoc thingatpt help-mode load-dir elec-pair url-handlers url-parse
auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra seq cconv
eieio-core cl-generic pcase gnus-util time-date mm-util mail-prsvr
password-cache url-vars reveal autoinsert proof-site proof-autoloads
cl-macs cl gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib pg-vars savehist minibuf-eldef
disp-table finder-inf advice help-fns info easymenu package epg-config
bbdb-loaddefs agda2 tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 525958 97824)
 (symbols 24 33067 0) (miscs 20 11595 2568) (strings 16 81043 10559)
 (string-bytes 1 2374568)
 (vectors 8 57971) (vector-slots 4 2182829 113870) (floats 8 469 1360)
 (intervals 28 56590 36)
 (buffers 520 75) (heap 1024 646523 1302))