Subject: Crash with x-popup-menu in tty

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 23:18:39 -0500

Package: Emacs
Version: 24.4

   emacs24 -Q -nw --eval '(x-popup-menu t (quote (keymap "title" (a "A" undefined) (b "B" undefined))))'

dumps a core right away.  The bug is still present in master.

        Stefan

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.5)
 of 2015-01-26 on alfajor
Repository revision: d6bd3423bdf88834bb5b8660d3276d62d430a5c5
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11600000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 8.0 (jessie)

Configured using:
 `configure -C --enable-checking --enable-check-lisp-object-type
 'CFLAGS=-Wall -g3 -Og -Wno-pointer-sign'
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/monnier/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_CH.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: InactiveMinibuffer

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  c-electric-flag: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  url-handler-mode: t
  global-reveal-mode: t
  reveal-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  global-prettify-symbols-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
Entering debugger...
Continuing.
eval: Wrong type argument: consp, undefined
Quit [2 times]
(a)
Mark activated [2 times]
Entering debugger...
Continuing.
completing-read-default: Command attempted to use minibuffer while in minibuffer
Quit
Quit

Load-path shadows:
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/ada-mode/ada-ref-man hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/ada-ref-man/ada-ref-man
/home/monnier/src/elisp/sml-mode/sml-mode hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/sml-mode/sml-mode
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/ada-mode/ada-mode hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/progmodes/ada-mode
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/ada-mode/ada-stmt hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/progmodes/ada-stmt
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/ada-mode/ada-prj hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/progmodes/ada-prj
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/ada-mode/ada-xref hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/progmodes/ada-xref
/home/monnier/src/elisp/sml-mode/prog-proc hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/emacs-lisp/prog-proc
/home/monnier/src/emacs/elpa/packages/crisp/crisp hides /home/monnier/src/emacs/work/lisp/obsolete/crisp

Features:
(mail-extr emacsbug autorevert filenotify doc-view jka-compr image-mode
sgml-mode completion sh-script smie autoconf autoconf-mode rect
package-x sort mule-util network-stream nsm starttls tls mpc
semantic/bovine/c semantic/db-mode semantic/decorate/include
semantic/decorate/mode semantic/decorate pulse semantic/bovine/c-by
semantic/lex-spp semantic/idle semantic/bovine/gcc semantic/dep
semantic/bovine semantic/analyze/refs semantic/db-find semantic/db-ref
semantic/analyze semantic/sort semantic/scope semantic/analyze/fcn
semantic/db eieio-compat eieio-base semantic/ctxt semantic/format
semantic/tag-ls semantic/find semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet hideif cpp
cmacexp gud shell pcomplete grep compile eieio-opt speedbar sb-image
ezimage dframe cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-langs cc-vars cc-defs log-edit message sendmail
dired format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils
mailheader pcvs-util make-mode smerge-mode bug-reference add-log dabbrev
executable copyright xscheme warnings unsafep trace testcover shadow
scheme re-builder profiler inf-lisp ielm pp comint ansi-color ring
gmm-utils ert find-func debug elp edebug cl-indent cus-edit cus-start
cus-load wid-edit filecache misearch multi-isearch whitespace vc-git
diff-mode vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs vc-dir ewoc vc
vc-dispatcher server noutline outline easy-mmode flyspell ispell
checkdoc thingatpt help-mode load-dir elec-pair url-handlers url-parse
auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra seq cconv
eieio-core cl-generic pcase gnus-util time-date mm-util mail-prsvr
password-cache url-vars reveal autoinsert proof-site proof-autoloads
cl-macs cl gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib pg-vars savehist minibuf-eldef
disp-table finder-inf advice help-fns info easymenu package epg-config
bbdb-loaddefs agda2 tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 525958 97824)
 (symbols 24 33067 0) (miscs 20 11595 2568) (strings 16 81043 10559)
 (string-bytes 1 2374568)
 (vectors 8 57971) (vector-slots 4 2182829 113870) (floats 8 469 1360)
 (intervals 28 56590 36)
 (buffers 520 75) (heap 1024 646523 1302))