Subject: bug#19856:

From: Rafal Luzynski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2018 23:42:12 +0100 (CET)

I think I have good news for you. The roots of this bug are in glibc
project, this bug:

https://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=10871

It has been fixed now. But coreutils and date command line utility
does not use strftime() from glibc directly. Instead it uses fprintftime()
from Gnulib. Fortunately, the changes from glibc have been also ported
to Gnulib:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git;a=commitdiff;h=4a236f1
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git;a=commitdiff;h=b5d3175
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git;a=commitdiff;h=703dcf1

(and few more).

So the only thing that needs to be done for coreutils is to bump the
version of Gnulib module used and make sure that the most recent glibc
is used. This makes %B generate the genitive case of the month name
in the languages which need it and introduces %OB (and %Ob) format specifiers
to generate the nominative case on demand. This is the same design as used
in BSD.

Regards,

Rafal