Subject: bug#19854: 25.0.50; completion-extra-properties in emacs-25

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 07:57:01 +0100

Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi!
>
> On 02/13/2015 06:07 PM, Thierry Volpiatto wrote:
>
>> I use (plist-get completion-extra-properties :annotation-function)
>> to extract this value, and unfortunately this value has disapeared in
>> emacs-25:
>
> Are you sure it should be in that list, in the context you're trying?

Ok I understand now what is happening, the behavior have completely
changed in emacs-25 and is indeed more clever:

Say I am completing against "tv/".

Emacs-25:

tv/! => I get only the variables starting by "tv/".
(tv/! => I get only the functions.
(let ((fn 'tv/ => I get variables+function and functions are tagged at
                  end with <f>.
(let ((fn #'tv/ => Only the functions not tagged.

Emacs-24:

Put all, variables+functions all together and tagged at end with <f> for
functions as soon as "tv/" have no paren at start.

So the behavior of emacs-25 is now better than emacs-24, probably you
should close this (maybe it needs to be documented somewhere or it is
already and I missed it).

Sorry, but this needed to be clarified.

Thanks.

-- 
Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997