Subject: bug#19854: 25.0.50; completion-extra-properties in emacs-25

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 17:07:25 +0100

Hi,

I am using completion-extra-properties to extract :annotation-function.
This was working fine the last two years and still working in emacs-24
branch.
I use (plist-get completion-extra-properties :annotation-function)
to extract this value, and unfortunately this value has disapeared in
emacs-25:

;; emacs-24
Result: (:annotation-function #[[...][fboundp intern-soft " <f>"] 4 "\n\n(fn STR)"]
         :company-doc-buffer lisp--company-doc-buffer
         :company-docsig lisp--company-doc-string
         :company-location lisp--company-location)

;; emacs-25
Result: (:company-doc-buffer elisp--company-doc-buffer
         :company-docsig elisp--company-doc-string
         :company-location elisp--company-location)

The question is how one extract this value, now, in emacs-25.

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
 of 2015-02-08 on dell-14z
Repository revision: dcec731abfc110f719f0890fd0769e099393af7d
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11501000
System Description:	Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS

Configured using:
 `configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid --without-toolkit-scroll-bars
 --without-gconf --without-gsettings'

Configured features:
XAW3D XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS NOTIFY
LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  git-gutter-mode: t
  psession-mode: t
  golden-ratio-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  eldoc-in-minibuffer-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  helm-descbinds-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  helm-adaptive-mode: t
  helm-match-plugin-mode: t
  helm-occur-match-plugin-mode: t
  helm-autoresize-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
Back to top level
C-x C-g is undefined
Quit
Mark set [4 times]
Auto-saving...done
Mark set
next-line: End of buffer
Mark activated
next-line: End of buffer
Mark set [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
~/elisp/auctex/lpath hides ~/elisp/emacs-wget/lpath
/usr/local/share/emacs/25.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq hides ~/elisp/emms/lisp/tq

Features:
(shadow epa-mail helm-ring emacsbug cl-indent mule-util helm-command
helm-elisp helm-eval edebug make-mode bug-reference add-log vc-filewise
vc-rcs conf-mode markdown-mode sh-script smie executable vc-git
diff-mode naquadah-theme em-unix em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist
em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic em-banner em-alias align-let
git-gutter server psession golden-ratio winner undo-tree diff
slime-xref-browser slime-banner slime-tramp slime-asdf slime-fancy
slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree slime-scratch slime-presentations bridge
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl slime-parse slime etags
xref arc-mode archive-mode image-file xdvi-search preview-latex tex-site
auto-loads pcomplete-extension pcmpl-unix pcmpl-gnu em-term term
disp-table ehelp python eldoc-eval warnings whitespace paren time
recentf tree-widget savehist mu4e-config org-mu4e helm-mu mu4e-contrib
mu4e mu4e-speedbar speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe mu4e-main mu4e-view
mu4e-headers mu4e-compose mu4e-draft mu4e-actions ido rfc2368 mu4e-mark
mu4e-message html2text mu4e-proc mu4e-utils mu4e-lists mu4e-about
mu4e-vars mu4e-meta gnus-dired nnir gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo
gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls utf7 netrc
parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win nnoo config-w3m
w3m-search w3m doc-view jka-compr image-mode timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb
bookmark-w3m w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util
w3m-load smtpmail-async smtpmail sendmail dired-async iterator lacarte
iedit-rect iedit iedit-lib smallurl mm-url gnus gnus-ems nnheader
wid-edit rectangle-utils rect ledger-config ledger esh-var esh-io
esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode
esh-arg esh-util tv-utils pcvs vc-cvs pcvs-parse pcvs-info pcvs-defs
pcvs-util ewoc mb-depth cl-info hyperspec esh-toggle flymake no-word
htmlize cl dired-extension emms-vlc-config emms-playlist-limit
emms-volume emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n emms-history emms-score
emms-stream-info emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks emms-cue
emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort
emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time
emms-lyrics emms-url hl-line emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line
emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-playlist-mode
emms-player-vlc emms-player-mplayer emms-info emms-streams later-do
emms-source-playlist emms-source-file emms-player-simple emms-setup emms
emms-compat org-config-thierry ob-sh org-crypt appt diary-lib
diary-loaddefs org-annotation-helper addressbook-bookmark message rfc822
mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
firefox-protocol bookmark-firefox-handler bookmark-extensions
init-helm-thierry helm-descbinds helm-extensions-autoloads helm-mode
helm-files image-dired tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver shell
dired-x dired-aux ffap thingatpt helm-buffers helm-elscreen helm-tags
helm-bookmark helm-adaptive helm-info helm-net browse-url xml url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf mailcap bookmark pp helm-locate helm-help helm-org
org-location-google-maps org-agenda google-maps google-maps-static
url-util url-parse url-vars google-maps-geocode google-maps-base json
org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs helm-match-plugin helm-grep wgrep-helm wgrep helm-regexp
helm-plugin grep helm-external helm-utils dired compile comint
ansi-color ring helm easy-mmode helm-source eieio-compat helm-config
helm-autoloads async-bytecomp async helm-aliases epa-file epa derived
epg auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra seq cconv
eieio-core cl-generic pcase gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache
cl-macs gv slime-autoloads package epg-config time-date avoid cus-start
cus-load w3m-wget info easymenu edmacro kmacro advice help-fns net-utils
cl-loaddefs cl-lib tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 505737 44697)
 (symbols 48 58403 3)
 (miscs 40 523 1192)
 (strings 32 147864 17304)
 (string-bytes 1 4336678)
 (vectors 16 54587)
 (vector-slots 8 903454 26650)
 (floats 8 1778 612)
 (intervals 56 3932 269)
 (buffers 976 115)
 (heap 1024 66478 2883))
-- 
Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997