Subject: Re: bug#19851: 25.0.50; package-install-{file,from-buffer} broken

From: Mark Oteiza <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 12:50:12 -0500

On 22/12/15 at 02:15am, Juri Linkov wrote:
> > Could this patch be applied? I have been running with it for so long
> > that getting this bug again reminded me I forgot to apply it this last
> > time.
>
> Thanks for the reminder, now fixed in emacs-25.

Thank you.

> Could this report be closed, or there is another bug too?

A bug remains:

1. mkdir /tmp/foo
2. Evaluate:

  (save-place-mode)
  (package-initialize)

3. M-x package-install-file RET /tmp/foo RET

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument arrayp nil)
  package-install-from-buffer()
  package-install-file("/tmp/foo")
  funcall-interactively(package-install-file "/tmp/foo")
  call-interactively(package-install-file record nil)
  command-execute(package-install-file record)
  execute-extended-command(nil "package-install-file" nil)
  funcall-interactively(execute-extended-command nil "package-install-file" nil)
  call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)
  command-execute(execute-extended-command)