Subject: bug#19846: 25.0.50; Problem with auto-fill-mode and C mode

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2022 14:53:49 +0000

Hello, Lars.

On Sun, May 01, 2022 at 13:44:49 +0200, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> writes:

> > In forward-paragraph, a regular expression is formed by concatenating
> > the major mode's paragraph-start and paragraph-separate with a few other
> > things.  In CC Mode (at least), this gives rise to ill-formed regexps
> > with adjacent sub-expressions which each can match the empty string, or
> > arbitrary numbers of spaces.

> Ah, so this is basically a variation on bug#19873?

> > So, can you leave this bug open, please?

> Sure.  Should it be merged with 19873?

Thanks!  It should indeed be merged with 19873, yes.

> -- 
> (domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
>    bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).