Subject: bug#19831: 25.0.50; Can't build emacs 25.0.5 with libpng16 support (only libpng15)

From: Ivan Shmakov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 13:13:14 +0000

>>>>> Tory S Anderson <[email-masked]> writes:

[…]

 > And yet, to my frustration, afterwards I STILL received:

 > $ libpng-config --cflags -I/home/torys/anaconda/include/libpng15

 > I can't seem to get around this.  Any suggestions would be
 > appreciated.

	My guess is that the ‘libpng-config’ executable coming first in
	your $PATH is still the one belonging to libpng15, not libpng16.

	What’s the output of $ type libpng-config?  Do that file’s mtime
	and ctime (try $ stat on the file) reflect the date and time the
	new version was installed?

	If it’s indeed the “wrong” libpng-config which gets used, –
	check the value of the $PATH environment variable itself and
	either adjust as needed for the directory with the “right”
	libpng-config to come first there, /or/ somehow prevent the
	“wrong” file from being found (either $ chmod a-x it, or perhaps
	rename it.)

-- 
FSF associate member #7257  np. Acoustic Earth – Electric Sky — David Modica