Subject: Re: bug#19810: C++ library fails to compile/link with Sun C++ 5.12 with libtool 2.4.5

From: Bob Friesenhahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 14:48:51 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 8 Feb 2015, Gary V. Vaughan wrote:
>
> I plan to roll a release today or tomorrow, so please commit a fix 
> or revert changeset before then if you'd like to fix this bug before 
> then!

I doubt that this issue can be resolved in that time-frame.  I am 
unsure if this failure is due to this specific compiler version (which 
happened to be invoked under OpenIndiana), or would be a 
commonly-occuring failure.

The latest Oracle Studio compiler (which I do not yet have) now 
supports something like 4 different C++ run-time libraries, now also 
including the GNU C++ library.  Understanding the permutations, and 
how to test for them would take research and testing.

Bob
-- 
Bob Friesenhahn
[email-masked], http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/
GraphicsMagick Maintainer,    http://www.GraphicsMagick.org/