Subject: Re: bug#19805: Numpy failures

From: Mark H Weaver <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 08:52:23 -0500

[email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> Federico Beffa <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> At some point we should fix the support for '#:substitutable?' on hydra
>
> That probably means that #:substitutable? should be propagated–i.e.,
> that anything depending on ATLAS should not be substituted.

As I just wrote in the "texlive failure" thread, setting
#:substitutable? #f might make sense for texlive.  However, in that case
we certainly would not want to propagate that setting.

So, instead of propagating it, how about simply arranging to not send
such packages to the build slaves, instead forcing them to build it
locally on their own?

I suppose this would cause the texlive build log to be prepended to some
other build log, which is not so good, but that could also be dealt with
in various ways, e.g. by changing the "send dependency to slave" logic
for non-substitutable packages to build the package on that particular
slave.

What do you think?

      Mark