Subject: bug#19799: Tangentally related to eww-mode Invalid Date bug just filed

From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2015 11:28:52 -0800

> Would it be better to rework #'date-to-time to handle future dates in a
> more graceful manner on 32-bit machines, or to have eww-mode ignore
> triggers that cause it to parse dates it cannot handle?

There is a variant of date-to-time that refuses to throw an error on 
out-of-range dates, namely safe-date-to-time.  But I'm still puzzled as to why 
you're getting this error.  date-to-time is supposed to throw a "Specified time 
is not representable" for out-of-range dates, but for you it's throwing some 
other error.  Can you debug why that is happening?

What happens when you run the following in your *scratch* buffer?

(date-to-time "Mon, 06 Mar 2130 20:55:03 GMT")

On my platform (Fedora 21 x86) if I type C-j after that, the debugger is entered 
with this backtrace:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error . "Specified time is not representable")
   signal(error "Specified time is not representable")
   apply(signal (error "Specified time is not representable"))
   (if (equal err overflow-error) (apply (quote signal) err) (condition-case err$
   (let ((overflow-error (quote (error "Specified time is not representable"))))$
   (condition-case err (apply (quote encode-time) (parse-time-string date)) (err$
   date-to-time("Mon, 06 Mar 2130 20:55:03 GMT")
   ...

What happens on your platform?

Also, what is your platform?  What does (emacs-version) return, for starters?