Subject: bug#19798: closed (Re: bug#19799: Tangentally related to eww-mode Invalid Date bug just filed)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 06:30:07 +0000

Your bug report

#19798: 24.4; eww-mode error in process sentinel 'Invalid date' when receiving a valid date

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
19798: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=19798
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#19799: Tangentally related to eww-mode Invalid Date bug just filed
From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
To: Matthew Carter <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2015 22:29:37 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Matthew Carter wrote:

> The issue is fixed, no more failure to load subsequent pages when an
> overflowed cookie date is encountered.

Thanks for checking, and so I'm closing Bug#19798 too.

Subject: 24.4; eww-mode error in process sentinel 'Invalid date' when receiving a valid date
From: Matthew Carter <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2015 23:49:18 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When running eww-mode and visiting a site using a cookie expiration date
set to "Mon, 06 Mar 2130 20:55:03 GMT" eww-mode will fail to load
subsequent URLs on the domain (in this case http://ahungry.com) and
instead simply print the following message in the echo area:

error in process sentinel: Invalid date: Mon, 06 Mar 2130 20:55:03 GMT

According to Wikipedia and other sources I can find online regarding the
HTTP cookie expires field, this date format is valid
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie) and should not be causing 
an error in the process sentinel (and even if some site sent an invalid
date, I don't think it should halt further site interaction, but either
ignore the invalid date, or ignore the cookie).

Steps to reproduce under emacs -Q:

eww
ahungry.com
RET
TAB
TAB
RET

You'll then see the error pop up (instead of visiting the Blog link on
the site).

-- 
Matthew Carter ([email-masked])
http://ahungry.com