Subject: 25.0.50; Unable to send mail

From: [email-masked] (Tory S. Anderson)
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 22:25:13 -0500

Attempting to send mail, which normally works fine, now has the error: smtpmail-send-it: Sending failed: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. 62sm791226yhj.6 - gsmtp

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.9)
 of 2015-02-05 on localhost.localdomain
Repository revision: df1e4ea210c081c969e092628aa999b1a4d59dfd
Windowing system distributor `Fedora Project', version 11.0.11404000
System Description:	Fedora release 20 (Heisenbug)

Configured using:
 `configure --with-png=no --with-gif=no'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF SOUND GSETTINGS NOTIFY FREETYPE XFT ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Message

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-message-citation-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  auto-complete-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  helm-match-plugin-mode: t
  helm-occur-match-plugin-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  mml-mode: t
  orgstruct-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent messages:
Mark set [2 times]
Sending via mail...
Setting SMTP server to `smtp.gmail.com:587' for user [email-masked]'. (SSL
enabled.)
Decrypting /home/torys/.authinfo.gpg...done
530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. 62sm791226yhj.6 - gsmtp
221 2.0.0 closing connection 62sm791226yhj.6 - gsmtp
smtpmail-send-it: Sending failed: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. 62sm791226yhj.6 - gsmtp
Mark set
Undo!

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/graphviz-dot-mode hides /home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/graphviz-dot-mode-20140303.1301/graphviz-dot-mode
~/.emacs.d/simple hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/simple
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/flymake-0.4.16/flymake hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/progmodes/flymake
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-keys hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-keys
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ox-org hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ox-org
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-mscgen hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-org hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-org
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-element hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-element
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-docview hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-docview
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-matlab hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-indent hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-indent
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-capture hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-capture
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-archive hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-archive
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-sass hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-sass
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ox-man hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ox-man
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-table hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-table
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-info hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-info
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-lisp hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ox-ascii hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ox-ascii
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ox-odt hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ox-odt
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ox-icalendar hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-attach hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-attach
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-list hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-list
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ox-latex hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ox-latex
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-plot hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-plot
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-sqlite hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-mobile hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-mobile
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-emacs-lisp hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-eshell hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-eshell
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-ctags hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-ctags
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ox-beamer hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ox-beamer
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-tangle hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-lob hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-lob
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-io hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-io
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-ruby hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ox-texinfo hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-ledger hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-macro hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-macro
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-clojure hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-mhe hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-mhe
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-maxima hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-gnus hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-gnus
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-lilypond hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-screen hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-screen
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-fortran hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-css hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-css
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-ditaa hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-exp hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-exp
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-scala hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-scala
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-footnote hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-footnote
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-latex hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-latex
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-ref hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-ref
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-C hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-C
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-timer hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-timer
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-install hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-install
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-gnuplot hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-src hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-src
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-entities hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-entities
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-core hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-core
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ox-publish hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ox-publish
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-comint hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-comint
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-bbdb hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-mouse hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-mouse
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-R hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-R
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-inlinetask hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-bibtex hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-table hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-table
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-pcomplete hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-python hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-python
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-feed hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-feed
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-version hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-version
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ox-md hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ox-md
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-clock hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-clock
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-colview hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-colview
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-awk hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-awk
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-shen hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-shen
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-w3m hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-w3m
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-faces hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-faces
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-makefile hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-makefile
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-datetree hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-datetree
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-js hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-js
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-perl hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-perl
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-sql hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-sql
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-loaddefs hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-rmail hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-rmail
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-ocaml hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-dot hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-dot
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-eval hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-eval
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-asymptote hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-habit hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-habit
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-compat hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-compat
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-octave hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-octave
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-crypt hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-crypt
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-macs hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-macs
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-scheme hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-sh hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-sh
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-plantuml hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-haskell hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-java hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-java
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ox-html hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ox-html
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ox hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ox
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-calc hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-calc
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/ob-picolisp hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-irc hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-irc
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-id hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-id
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-protocol hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-protocol
/home/torys/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20150202/org-agenda hides /home/torys/workspace/emacs/lisp/org/org-agenda

Features:
(shadow emacsbug helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval ido helm-misc
network-stream nsm starttls mailalias mail-extr sort gnus-cite nnir
nndraft nnmh nnml gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
nntp gnus-cache gnus-msg warnings ac-ispell ispell
auto-complete-config auto-complete popup pdf-tools cus-edit pdf-view
pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util shorten-mode epa-file epa epg rfringe
helm-mode helm-files rx ffap thingatpt helm-buffers helm-elscreen
helm-tags helm-bookmark helm-adaptive helm-info helm-net browse-url
xml helm-locate helm-help helm-org helm-match-plugin helm-grep
helm-regexp helm-plugin grep helm-external helm-utils helm-config
async-bytecomp async helm-aliases helm helm-source eieio-compat
flymake compile cc-defs vlfi soar-mode hi-lock web-mode disp-table
paren winner tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver shell recentf
tree-widget time mm-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse
url-vars smtpmail auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
cl-extra seq cconv eieio-core cl-generic pcase sendmail dired+
image-dired image-file bookmark+ bookmark+-key advice derived
bookmark+-1 bookmark+-bmu help-mode bookmark+-lit bookmark pp dired-x
dired-aux org-clock org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus
org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb
org-w3m org-contacts org-capture org-agenda gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
mm-view mml-smime smime password-cache dig mailcap gnus-sum gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls utf7
netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message cl-macs
dired rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader mail-utils mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr
wid-edit gnus-util ox-beamer ox-md ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse
rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok
nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html ox-ascii ox-publish ox
org-element org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-src ob-keys ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs cl gv edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs cl-lib hl-line
elec-pair delsel cus-start cus-load 4clojure-autoloads
ac-cider-autoloads ac-helm-autoloads ac-html-autoloads
ac-ispell-autoloads ac-python-autoloads
anything-exuberant-ctags-autoloads anything-autoloads
auto-complete-autoloads birds-of-paradise-plus-theme-autoloads
bookmark+-autoloads clojure-cheatsheet-autoloads cider-autoloads
clojure-mode-autoloads color-theme-sanityinc-solarized-autoloads
color-theme-sanityinc-tomorrow-autoloads
color-theme-twilight-autoloads csharp-mode-autoloads
csv-mode-autoloads darkmine-theme-autoloads dired+-autoloads
dired-details+-autoloads dired-details-autoloads ebib-autoloads
flymake-autoloads flymake-css-autoloads flymake-jshint-autoloads
flymake-jslint-autoloads flymake-json-autoloads flymake-php-autoloads
flymake-easy-autoloads graphviz-dot-mode-autoloads
helm-bibtex-autoloads f-autoloads helm-autoloads async-autoloads
m-buffer-autoloads magit-autoloads git-rebase-mode-autoloads
git-commit-mode-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads org-autoloads
org-trello-autoloads dash-autoloads pandoc-mode-autoloads
parsebib-autoloads pdf-tools-autoloads php-extras-autoloads
php-mode-autoloads pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads popup-autoloads
processing-mode-autoloads queue-autoloads request-deferred-autoloads
request-autoloads deferred-autoloads rfringe-autoloads s-autoloads
sea-before-storm-theme-autoloads slime-repl-autoloads info easymenu
slime-autoloads tablist-autoloads zenburn-autoloads package epg-config
server time-date tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face
macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 606433 22782)
 (symbols 48 57048 2)
 (miscs 40 1820 4045)
 (strings 32 189033 5089)
 (string-bytes 1 4519916)
 (vectors 16 50130)
 (vector-slots 8 837801 30559)
 (floats 8 551 465)
 (intervals 56 931 0)
 (buffers 976 28)
 (heap 1024 57185 3336))