Subject: Re: bug#19774: 25.0.50; Emacs crashes when C-u <N> on a Gnus folder (reproducible)

From: Óscar Fuentes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 17:40:36 +0100

I can see a problem on `master' with a setup that does not involve Gnus.

Get key-chord.el:

https://github.com/emacsmirror/key-chord/raw/master/key-chord.el

Get guide-key.el:

https://github.com/kai2nenobu/guide-key/raw/master/guide-key.el

Get popwin.el (required by guide-key):

https://github.com/m2ym/popwin-el/raw/master/popwin.el

Put everything on some place reachable from your load-path.

emacs -Q

Eval this code on *scratch*:

(require 'key-chord)
(key-chord-mode 1)
(require 'guide-key)
(key-chord-define-global "x1" 'delete-other-windows)
(guide-key-mode 1)

Now press `C-u 1'. A message appears:

Error running timer `guide-key/polling-function': (wrong-type-argument
sequencep #<EMACS BUG: INVALID DATATYPE (PVEC 0xffffffffffffffff) Save
your buffers immediately and please report this bug>)

After (key-chord-define-global "x1" ...), key-chord will watch for any
input that consists on "x" or "1" and handle it (it uses
`input-method-function' for that). When the user inputs `C-u 1', the `1'
is what triggers the problem.

My guess is that those two packages are messing with the guts of Emacs'
input processing and when you combine them on the same setup things
break.