Subject: Re: bug#19774: 25.0.50; Emacs crashes when C-u <N> on a Gnus folder (reproducible)

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 13:38:06 +0200

> From: Sebastien Vauban <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 22:17:05 +0100
> 
> >> 1. Start up Gnus
> >> 2. Go onto a folder
> >> 3. Press `C-u 1' (the "1" seems to be important too; no problem with "9")
> >
> > Thanks, will try that soon.
> 
> For my information -- not trying to push you, as I do have a workaround
> anyway now that I've found the recipe --, can you reproduce it?

This is a general problem, unrelated to Windows.  I'd expect someone
else to work on it.  My time is very limited lately, and this problem
seems to need some elaborate setup that complicates things for me.

Since no one seems to be willing to work on this, I'll try to, but I
need a lot of hand-holding with Gnus, since I don't use it.

So please give as many details as possible about the first 2 items:

 1. Start up Gnus
 2. Go onto a folder

E.g., how exactly do I "Go onto a folder"?  And does "Start up Gnus"
means anything beyond "M-x gnus RET"?

Please assume I start Emacs as "emacs -Q" and I'm not subscribed to
any group on any news server.

Thanks.